UPSC Recruitment 2021 Exam
|Company Name||UPSC Recruitment 2021|
|Exam Name||Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination,2021 Jobs|
|No of Posts||215 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India ,New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply||27/04/2021|
All candidates (male/female/transgender) are requested to carefully read the Rules of Engineering Services Examination notified by the Government (Ministry of Railways) and the Notice of Examination derived from these Rules. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination.
i. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Personality Test.
1. Exam Name: Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021
2. Total Vacancies: The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 215 including 07 vacancies for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) ( 03 vacancies for Locomotor Disability including Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy & 04 vacancies for Hard of Hearing). The number of vacancies is liable to alteration.
3. Minimum Educational Qualification: For admission to the examination, a candidate must have —
(a) obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
(b) passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
(c) obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/lnstitution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
(d) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
(e) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and Ill/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
(f) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959 Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Group ‘A’ may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-
4. For Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engg. Posts) – M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject. For Indian Radio Regulatory Service Group M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as a special subject.
5. Examination Notice No. 07/2021‐ENGG. Dated 07.04.2021
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, 2021 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January, 2000
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
Note I : Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Para above, will be eligible for grant of cumulative relaxation under both the categories.
Note II : The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re- employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
Note Ill : The age concession under Para 3(ii)(c) (iv) and (v) will be admissible to Ex-servicemen i.e. a person who has served in any rank whether as combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension.
Note IV : The details of Functional Classification (FC) and Physical Requirements (PR) of each service are indicated in of these Rules which are identified and prescribed by the respective Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) as per the provisions of Section 33 and 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. Only those category (ies) of disability (ies) mentioned in shall apply for the examination under Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) Category. Therefore, the candidates belonging to the Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are advised to read it carefully before applying for the examination.
Note V : Notwithstanding the provision of age relaxation under Para 3(ii)(c) (vi) above, a candidate with Benchmark Disability will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Service/ Posts to be allocated to the Persons with Benchmark Disability candidate by the Government.
Note VI : A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. The candidates will be eligible to get the benefit of the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) reservation only in case the candidate meets the criteria issued by the Central Government and in possession of such eligibility certification.
i. If a candidate indicates in his/her application form for Engineering Services Examination, that he/she belongs to General category but subsequently writes to the Commission to change his/her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Commission.
ii. Further, once a candidate has chosen a reserved category, no request shall be entertained for change to other reserved category viz. SC to ST, ST to SC, OBC to SC/ST or SC/ST to OBC, SC to EWS, EWS to SC, ST to EWS, EWS to ST, OBC to EWS, EWS to OBC. No reserved category candidates other than those recommended on General Merit shall be allowed to change his/her category from Reserved to Unreserved or claim the vacancies (Services/Cadre) for unreserved category after the declaration of final result by UPSC.
1. Candidates are advised to read carefully “Special Instructions to the candidates for Conventional Type Tests and Objective Type Tests”
2. For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [Answer Sheet] in objective type papers, candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited.
3. Do not use Pencil or ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission/ mistake/ discrepancy in encoding/ filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
3. Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the Category of Blindness are advised not to apply for this examination as no vacancies are earmarked/identified for them for the Services/Posts included in the Engineering Services Examination, 2021.
4. However, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities of Low Vision category are advised to apply only under Electronics & Telecommunication Category as services/posts only in this category are identified for them.
5. Mobile Phones Not Permitted:
(a)The use of any mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or blue tooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination is strictly prohibited. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
(b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
- UPSC, Dholpur House,Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069
Selection Procedure :
The Selection Procedure and candidate screening for UPSC Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 post is given below. The Official PDF for the selection procedure of UPSC is provided here.
The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan :—
(i) Stage‐I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage‐I) Examination (Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for the Stage‐II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage‐II) Examination;
(ii) Stage‐II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage‐II) Examination (Conventional Type Papers) and
(iii) Stage‐III : Personality Test
How to Apply :
How to apply for UPSC Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 Post?
Candidates who wish to apply for the UPSC Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 post can check out the complete application process which is listed below. Candidates must fill the application form before the last date and before applying for the UPSC Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 post ensure to read the eligibility criteria. Eligible candidates can follow the steps and apply for the post, Also check out the official PDF which is given below to know more about the recruitment.
1 The facility of withdrawal of Application is available for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in of this Examination Notice.
2 Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for the Examination/ Personality Test.
3. Last Date For Submission Of Applications: The Online Applications can be filled from 07th April 2021 to 27th April 2021 till 6:00 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e‐Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the Examination. The e‐Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are requested to provide valid & active e‐mail i.d. while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. Candidates Are Required To Apply Only Through Online Mode. “government Strives To Have A Workforce Which Reflects Gender Balance And Women Candidates Are Encouraged To Apply.”