Team Leader vacancy in NIUA Recruitment 2021
|NIUA March 2021 Notification||Details|
|Team Leader||M.A, MSW|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply||12/03/2021|
- Post Name: Team Leader
- ITCN Capacity Building Programme:
- Mainstreaming the needs of infants, toddlers and caregivers in urban development
- The Bernard van Leer Foundation (BvLF) supported the ‘Child Friendly Smart Cities’ (CFSC) initiative at the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) for close to 5 years with sharpening of focus, in particular, on ‘infants, toddlers and caregivers’ (0-5 years). Under this initiative, NIUA has created an inventory of knowledge and gained on-ground experience to facilitate and help create child- friendly cities and spaces.
- One of the most positive outcomes of this work has been the growing recognition that children are stakeholders in the design and use of built environment in their neighbourhoods and cities. The initiative has helped reinforce the advocacy for children’s rights by bringing in the role that built environment plays in the holistic development of children.
- The CFSC initiative has been able to inform national level urban missions like Smart Cities and AMRUT as well as disseminate knowledge to a number of cities and organisations.
- As a follow-up to CFSC, NIUA, supported by BvLF, is implementing a well-designed multi-level ITCN capacity-building programme with specific outcome areas for different groups/ audience for two years starting January 2021. The programme will utilise the vast knowledge developed under the CFSC initiative, and develop knowledge products and training modules covering new aspects of ITC, aligned to BvLF’s specific focus areas.
- The Capacity Building programme will be delivered on-line, through well-structured training modules, on NIUA – Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs’ (MoHUA) National Urban Learning Platform (NULP).
- Purpose of the Assignment:
- NIUA seek to hire a Team Lead for the 2 year programme with prior experience in programme management and donor liaising, and expertise in inclusive development, training and capacity building. (S)he will bring in the expertise for the development of ITCN programme and inclusion of children focused aspects within the development plans and programmes of various city and state departments in India.
- Scope of Work:
- Leading the project team for the implementation of the ITCN programme, programming activities in line with the agreed timelines, establishing partnerships with empanelled training institutions and academic institutions for developing and delivering training modules, coordinating handholding support to participating cities and state departments, quality assurance, preparation of assessment reports, project closure and designing the follow-up programme.
- The Team Lead will report to the Director (NIUA), and coordinate with BvLF country representative, NIUA teams implementing projects focused on inclusive development and other relevant stakeholders in the partner ecosystem at MoHUA and cities across India.
- Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish ITCN as the key training and capacity building module for better understanding of needs of children within the urban ecosystem, especially amongst key stakeholders of city/state administrators, academia, and civil society partners.
Drive the programme to achieve outputs and outcomes in terms of creating child friendly cities and spaces by ensuring use of knowledge and capacities created under the Programme by various stakeholders.
Selection of partner institutions and their on-boarding for developing the training modules and delivering the on-line training on NULP.
Ensure adherence to cadence and communication systems/processes put in place.
Facilitate training and communication for modules/ launches with internal cross-functional stakeholders and external partners.
Quality assurance of the Programme deliverables.
Manage the overall functioning and day-to day operations for ITCN programme at NIUA.
Develop and support strategies for foundational components like programme design, implementation and outreach for ITCN.
End-to-end to management of program implementation and rollout to cities, states and urban local bodies (ULBs).
Coordination with senior leadership of cities for appointing nodal officers/key SPOCs and supporting on-boarding activities outlined for the programme.
Ensure convergence with partners and relevant government departments to facilitate effective programme completion.
Provide inputs for the formulation of content and implementation the programme.
Undertake necessary liaison and coordinate implementation of the project with all key stakeholders.
- Support grant management activities with timely reporting and delivery on expectations.
Provide necessary technical and management support to NIUA and conduct regular review meetings with programme partners, mentoring staff to ensure effective rollout of programme activities.
Build network and linkages with the relevant sector, civil society organisations and other stakeholders as per thematic area priorities.
Design and explore funding options for follow-up programme to ITCN.
- Create an enabling work environment to maximise exchange of ideas and learning for team members.
Support NIUA and BvLF’s social media presence through consistent sharing of updates and announcements.
Represent ITCN programme in various meetings/forums, as and when necessary.
Any other task pertaining to the programme or domain outlined by NIUA, MoHUA or BvLF leadership
- Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Sociology, Economics or Social Work.
10 – 15 years of work experience in the urban social development sector with focus on inclusive development, children and gender.
Good verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English and Hindi.
Prior knowledge of working with education and technology leveraging learning management systems in urban/municipal domains.
Demonstrated experience of having managed multi-stakeholder projects at scale with internal and external teams.
Additional considerations that will be a plus:
Prior experience of managing programmes in government capacity building domains.
Enthusiasm for open platforms, technology and social impact.
- Location of position: Based out of the office at NIUA, New Delhi; with travel to cities as required.
- Term of position: The position is on a contractual basis for a period of 2 years, which may be further extended subject to performance and grant/project timelines. References: Name and contact information of three references
- Remuneration: At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
- No. of Positions: 1
- National Institute of Urban Affairs, 1 Floor, Core 4B India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi –110003
Selection Procedure :
- Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply :
- Last Date to Apply: Friday, 12 March 2021
- Submit CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal – jobs.niua.org.
- 12 March 2021. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.
This job has expired.