Research Fellow/ Associate vacancy in NIUA Recruitment 2021
|NIUA March 2021 Notification||Details|
|Research Fellow/ Associate||M.A, M.Phil/Ph.D|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply||12/03/2021|
- NIUA is looking for a Research Associate/Fellow with specialization in GIS for a research project on ‘Sustainable, Healthy, Learning Cities and Neighbourhoods’. The incumbent should have strong theoretical understanding of geospatial analysis and its application in the urban sector.
- Name of the Post: Research Fellow/Associate – Specialisation in GIS
- No. of Positions: 01
- Remuneration: Remuneration is at par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills.
- Location of positions: The position will be based in New Delhi but will require travel to cities within the country
- Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post Graduation/PhD in Economics/ Development Studies/ Geography/ Urban Development/Statistics or other relevant discipline
- Degree/Diploma/Training in Remote Sensing and GIS is desirable
- Knowledge of urban sector
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic econometrics, mapping and modelling and creative application of GIS in the urban context
- Knowledge of relevant data analysis software such as ArcGIS, R, SPSS, STATA is desirable.
- 1-2 years relevant research experience after post-graduation.
- Knowledge of secondary datasets (Census of India)
- Research and publications related to utilization of GIS techniques
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the following activities under the direction of Principal Investigator:
- Locate, obtain and compile spatial data from variety of open sources including satellite imagery, aerial photographs, night light data, open street maps etc.
- Georeference and project such datasets. Normalise different datasets into one common format and undertake statistical analysis and prepare maps.
- Interpret Satellite Images and visualise results with appropriate techniques.
- Undertake GIS based spatial modelling including spatial regressions, sprawl analyses etc. (Ability to prepare simple maps using GIS platform is not enough for the position.)
- Integration of primary survey into GIS platform, automate the process of data collection and undertake data analysis
- Apply innovative thinking towards utilizing geospatial data.
- Stay in tune with cross-sector data outputs in demography, environment, housing etc.
- These key tasks are not exhaustive but simply highlight the type of tasks which the incumbent is expected to perform in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
Selection Procedure :
- Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply :
- Application should contain detailed CV and a cover letter clearly stating the relevant experience and suitability for the position applied.
- Applications should reach before March 12, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
- Last Date to Apply: Friday, 12 March 2021
This job has expired.