RBI Legal Officer Recruitment 2021
Legal Officer (LLB) In Reserve Bank Of India – RBI Recruitment
Recruitment For : Legal Officer (LLB)
No Of Vacancies : 11
- Please check with the concern authority or website
- Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from any University/College/Institution, recognized by UGC and the Bar Council of India with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years. Note: For SC/ST and PwBD candidate minimum required marks shall be 45% in Bachelor’s degree in Law in the aggregate of all semesters/years, if vacancies are reserved for them.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on February 01, 2021 (candidates must have been born not earlier than 02-02-1989 and not later than 01-02- 2000).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law with 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years or Master’s Degree in Law.
- Proficiency in computer applications. Please also refer Para 6 below on Note on Educational Qualifications.
- At least two years’ experience as an
- Advocate/ Legal Consultant/ Legal Assistant/ Associate in an Advocates’ or Solicitors’ Office or Law firm after being enrolled with the Bar Council; or
- as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a large bank / financial institution / statutory corporation / company / State / Central Government; or
- as a full-time teacher in a Law College / University, teaching law.
- In case of (i) above,
- copy of the Bar Council Registration/Enrolment Certificate and
- a certificate from the Bar Association of which the candidate is a member or a certificate issued by the Presiding Officer of a Court before which the candidates have practised for the required period should be produced at the time of interview. Desirable: Special knowledge of Banking Law, Company Law, Labour Law and Constitutional Law and experience in drafting of pleadings and documents.
- Dealing with references on legal issues received from various departments of the Bank and its associate institutions, which are mainly related to the interpretation of various statutes such as Reserve Bank of India Act 1934, Banking Regulation Act 1949, Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999, Companies Act 2013, etc.
- Preparing initial drafts of legislation administered/to be administered by the Bank.
- Preparation of drafts of pleadings and comprehensive instructions/briefs to counsel in connection with litigation involving the Bank and its associate institutions.
- Appearing before Conciliation Officers, Labour Courts, Tribunals etc. on behalf of the Bank.
How To Apply :
- Candidates are required to apply only online using the website www.rbi.org.in and no other means/mode of application will be accepted. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available at Appendix-I which is available on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in. The applicants are advised to submit a single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher Registration ID (RID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand writing undertaking, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the last completed applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Board and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are required to submit an undertaking in the Online application that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Board withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled. At the time of joining, the recommended candidates will have to bring proper discharge certificates from their PSU/Government/Quasi -Government employer.
- Website Link Open for Online Registration of Applications and Payment of Fees/Intimation Charges: February 23, 2021 to March 10, 2021 (TILL 6.00PM)
- Date of Examination: April 10, 2021. Advt. No. 2A / 2020-21
- Correspondence with the Board: The Board will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases: The eligible candidates shall be issued an Admit Card two weeks before the commencement of the examination. The Admit Card will be made available on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in for downloading by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. If a candidate does not receive his e-Admit Card or any other communication regarding his/her candidature for the examination two weeks before the commencement of the examination, he/she should at once contact the help facility as mentioned above.
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds an Admit Card for the examination. On downloading of e- Admit Card, check it carefully and bring discrepancies/errors, if any, to the notice of Board immediately.
- Proof Of Identity To Be Submitted At The Time Of Examinations: At the time of appearing for the examination, candidates are required to produce a currently valid photo identity card, in original, and a photocopy of the same in addition to the Admit Card. Acceptable photo identity cards are PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead/ Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead/ valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognised college / University/ e-Aadhar card / Aadhar card with a photograph/ Employee ID/ Bar Council Identity card with photograph. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the Admit Card /Examination Call Letter, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the Examination. A. Note: Candidates have to produce in original the photo identity proof and submit a photocopy of the photo identity proof along with Admit Card/ Examination Call Letter while attending each shift of the examination without which they will not be allowed to take up the examination. Candidates will have to carry two/three photocopies of photo ID proof, as there will be two/three shifts. Candidates must note that the name (provided during the process of registration) as appearing on the call letters should exactly match the name as appearing on the photo identity proof, certificates, mark-sheets. Female candidates who have changed first/last/middle name post marriage must take special note of this. In case of candidates who have changed their name, will be allowed only if they produce – original Gazette Notification/their original marriage certificate/affidavit in original, together with a photocopy. If there is any mismatch between the name indicated in the Admit Card/ Examination Call Letter and Photo Identity Proof, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- The Board would be analyzing the responses of all appeared candidates to detect abnormal similarity of responses. On the basis of such an analysis, if it is found that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/ valid, the Board reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature.
- Board does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date or on account of any other reason beyond the control of the Board.
- The candidates should note that their admission to the examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the Application Form. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions by the Board / Bank. The mere fact that an Admit Card has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Board or that entries made by the candidate in his/her application for the Preliminary examination have been accepted by the Board as true and correct. Candidates may note that the Board takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for the interview. Unless candidature is formally confirmed by the Board, it continues to be provisional. The decision of the Board as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Examination shall be final.
- Candidates should note that the name in the Admit card in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of the examinations cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test delivery and/ or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test. Conduct of a re-exam is at the absolute discretion of Board/test conducting body. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
- Candidates are advised to keep their e-mail ID/mobile number alive for receiving advices viz. Admit Card/Interview letters, etc. Candidates may check e-mails/SMS regularly. The Board does not send any communication through any other mode.
- The posts are also open to the employees of RBI (Staff Candidates) who satisfy the eligibility criteria separately stipulated by the Bank vide their circular CO. HRMD.No.G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013 and who apply Online within the closing date. Their status as staff candidate will be verified at the time of interview.
- The Board does not furnish the mark-sheet to candidates. Marks obtained in Examination and Interview will be made available on the Bank’s web-site in an interactive mode only after declaration of the final result.
- Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to their selection/recruitment shall be considered as disqualification.
- In all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of examinations, interviews, assessment, prescribing minimum qualifying standards in both the Examination and interview, in relation to number of vacancies and communication of result, the Board’s decision shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- The eligibility for availing reservation against the vacancies reserved for the persons with Benchmark disabilities shall be the same as prescribed in “Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act 2016
This job has expired.