OPSC Recruitment 2021 Dental Surgeon
|OPSC Recruitment 2021
|Dental Surgeon Jobs
|No of Posts
|Last Date to Apply
|Odisha Govt Jobs
Recruitment to the post of Dental Surgeon in Group-A (Junior Branch) of Odisha Medical & Health Services (Dental) Cadre under Health & Family Welfare Department
Online applications are invited from the prospective candidates through the proforma application to be made available on the Website of the Commission (http://opsc.gov.in). for recruitment to 82 (Eighty Two) posts of Dental Surgeon in Group-A (Junior Branch) of Odisha Medical & Health Services Cadre under Health & Family Welfare Department in the pay scale of Level-12 Cell 1 of ORSP Rules, 2017 with usual dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The posts are temporary and likely to be made permanent.
1. Post Name: Dental Surgeon
2. No of Posts: 82 (Eighty Two)
3. Out of the total 82 number of vacancies mentioned above, the reservation of vacancies in respect of Sports Person and Persons with Disabilities are given below. Candidates belonging to Sports Persons and Person with Disability (whose permanent disability is 40% and more) shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
4. Qualification: A candidate must:-
(i) have possessed a BDS or equivalent Degree from a Medical College or Medical Institution recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI);
(ii) have possessed a Registration Certificate under the Dentist Act, 1948;
(iii) have possessed required Conversion Certificates recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI) in case of candidate having degrees from universities of foreign countries.
5. Place Of Examination: The written examination for the post of Dental Surgeon will be held at Cuttack only. The programme of examination shall be notified well in advance.
6. Advertisement No. 11 OF 2020-21
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21(twenty one) years and must not be above the age of 32 (thirty two) years on the 1st day of January 2021 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1989 and not later than 1st January 2000
- Exam Fee: A candidate is required to pay non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs. 500/- (Rs. Five hundred) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled. Tribe of Odisha and Persons with Disability (whose permanent disability is 40% and more) are exempted from payment of this fees.
- Candidates who will qualify in the written examination will be required to bring with them the hard copy of online application form along with copies of following relevant certificates/documents and originals of the same for verification of their eligibility as per terms and conditions of the advertisement, the date of which will be notified later on in due course, failing which his/her application will be rejected for the said post.
- The candidates are required to mention on each copy of documents Submitted by me and put their full signature and date on the same. They must not attach the original certificates to their applications.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board/Council.
- Intermediate/+2 examination certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- B.D.S or equivalent Degree issued from the recognized University; Mark-list in support of all the aforesaid examinations (i.e. from H.S.C. to Bachelor degree in Dental Surgery) passed including fail marks, if any, issued by the
- concerned Board/ Council/ University;
- While filling up the relevant box of the online application form, the candidate has to mention the marks secured (excepting marks secured in the Extra Optional/4th Optional Subject) in each examination passed (i.e. H.S.C. to Bachelor Degree in Dental Surgery).
- Houseman-ship Completion Certificate;
- Medical Registration Certificate under the Dentist Act, 1948.Certificate relating to passing of the screening test conducted by the National Board of Education as prescribed by the Medical Council of India vide Notification No. MCI-203(9) Regn. 2001, dated 13.02.2002 for Medical Graduate passing out of a foreign University;
- No Objection Certificate issued by the competent authority Required;
- Odia test pass certificate;
- Two recent passport size photographs (unsigned and unattested) with the printout /hard copy of online application form which has been uploaded:
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as SC / ST , wherever applicable
- Disability Certificate (indicating percentage of permanent disability) issued by the concerned Medical Board wherever applicable;
- Discharge Certificates issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served. Ex-Servicemen must submit an affidavit undertaking that he has not been appointed against any civil post after retirement from military service; wherever applicable:
- Sports Certificate issued by the Diiector of Sports Odisha; wherever applicable;
- Certificate from Competent authority in support of past service as Medical Officer under Government of Odisha in respect of candidates, who claim age relaxation as serving Doctors. The period of past service as Medical Officer will be taken into account by the closing date of receipt of application;
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification, equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule/authority (with number and date) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the Application Form.
- At present, only the online applications are invited from candidates for admission to the written examination. After completion of written examination, the candidates who will qualify in the written examination will be required to submit the printout/hard copy of online application form, along with the photocopies of the other documents as stated under of this advertisement and originals of the same on the date of document verification which will be declared later on in due course;
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act — 2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect, are liable for rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to Examination will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Examination it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final;
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C. & S.T. by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the printout/ hard copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under of this Advertisement
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1 st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(l) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the application form will result in cancellation of his/her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service;
- Odisha Public Service Commission, Cuttack, Odisha
Selection Procedure :
- The selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Dental Surgeon will be made as per the guidelines as enumerated in Odisha Medical Services (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Services of Dental Surgeons) Rules, 2013 i.e. on the basis of Career Marking & Written Test.
- Weightage of 30% shall be given to career marking and 70% to written test and the details are mentioned below:-
- Career marking will be made in the following manner namely:
Marks secured in 10th class examination- 10%;
Marks secured in 12th class examination- 10%;
Marks secured in Bachelor of Dental Surgery examination -10%
- Written test will be conducted in the following manner:-
- Total marks in written test – 200;
Total No. of questions is 200 which shall be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) pattern;
No negative marking for wrong answers;
Qualifying mark – 50% for UR & SEBC, 45% for PWD and 40% for SC/ST in aggregate taking together both career and written test mark;
Duration of Examination – 3 hours;
Syllabus – As per Dental Council of India (DCI) Syllabus of BDS;
- The Commission shall prepare a list of candidates in order of merit on the basis of career marking and written test which shall be equal to the number of advertised vacancies;
- Provided that, if two or more candidates secure equal marks, then the candidate securing higher marks in BDS Examination shall find place above the other in the merit list. In case marks obtained in BDS Examination is also the same, the candidate older in age shall be placed above the younger.
How to Apply :
1. Online applications are invited from the prospective candidates through the proforma application to be made available on the Website of the Commission (http://opsc.gov.in).. The link for registration /re- registration and payment of examination fee shall be available from 10.03.2021 to 09.04.2021 (Note: 16.04.2021 is the last date for submission of Registered Online Applications)
(a) Candidates must go through the details of this Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application form.
(b) Candidates must apply online through the concerned Website of the OPSC http//opsc.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
(c) Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through detailed instructions available at OPSC portal.
(d) The online application form is automated and system driven & will guide the candidate seamlessly in filling the application. The requisite options shall be enabled and information shall be asked as per data furnished by the candidate. Before filling up the information. ensure that accurate information is fed. for edit option is limited & on confirmation there is no scope for further edit even if wrongful entry has been made while filling up application.
(e) Candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left-hand Thumb Impression (LTI) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, Specimen (full) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
(f) Candidates should keep at least two copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
(g) On successful submission of the online Registration, a unique Permanent Public Service Account Number (PPSAN) will be assigned to the applicant. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online Registration/Re- registration and finally submitted Online Application forms and put his/her si ature under the declaration or submission to OPSC alon with co ies o requisite certificate & documents as and when asked.
(h) The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance
(i) Certificate of Admission to the written examination to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of the OPSC prior to the date of written examination which will be published in the Website of the Commission and Newspapers. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the Website of the Commission and produce the same at the Examination centre for admission to the written examination. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
This job has expired.