ombudsman vacancy in Rural Development Department Tripura Recruitment 2021
|Rural Development Department Tripura February 2021 Notification||Details|
|Salary||Rs. 20,000/-Per Month|
|Last Date to Apply||15/03/2021|
- Since the number of applications received for the post of Ombudsman in response to this department advertisement vide No.F.3(43)-RD /2009 / PartIV /7012 published in the local newspaper on 29/12/2020 is less than the expectation, therefore fresh applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Ombudsman for redressal of grievances and disposal of complaints relating to implementation of the MGNREGA and other schemes for six districts of the state in following manners
- Name of Post: Ombudsman.
- No. of Post: 06(six)
- Eligibility / Criteria:-
- The candidate should be a person of eminent standing with ten years of experience in public administration, law, academics, social work or management. Experience in working with people or community organization will be a mandatory requirement.
No person who is a member of a political party shall be considered for appointment as Ombudsman.
The person selected as Ombudsman must be physically active and capable of conducting field tours, inspection and visits to remote locations in the districts
In the selection of Ombudsman, preference may be given to a person resident of the same or neighbouring district.
The person who has already served as Ombudsman shall not be eligible.
- Remuneration: Subject to any notification by the State Government, the Ombudsman shall be allowed compensation, in the form of a fee, of Rs 1000/ – (rupees one thousand) per sitting with maximum upper limit of Rs 20,000/ – (rupees twenty thousand only) per month.
- The Office of MGNREGA Ombudsman shall be located at the District Headquarters.
- Advertisement No. F.3 (43) – RD/2009/ Part/IV/ Dated 19 February 2021
Terms and Condition:
- The details terms and condition may kindly be perused a t http://rural.tripura.gov.in. The salient terms and condition are as follows:
- Performance of an Ombudsman shall be judged in terms of efficiency and efficacy shown in discharge of duties and exercising of powers as per the procedure prescribed in the Instructions on Ombudsman. Output of an Ombudsman may be quantified as
- Percentage of disposal of complaints;
- Diligence in conducting proceedings and quality of work;
- Regularity of annual reporting to the Chief Secretary and Secretary of the State Nodal Department, recommending appropriate action;
- Timely and regular submission of Annual Report to the Chief Secretary and Secretary Nodal Department, containing a general review of activities of the office of the Ombudsman and
- Timely and regular submission of an nual compilation of awa rds of the Ombudsman between April and March of each financial year to the Chief Secretary and Secretary Nodal Department. Quality of work shall be assessed on the basis of clarity, analysis of facts, coverage of all issues/ grievances raised in the case and process followed.
Powers and Responsibilities:
- The Ombudsman shall have power to:-
- Consider such complaints and pass awards within 30 days from the date of receipt of complaint
- Initiate proceedings suo motu in the event of any circumstance arising with in his jurisdiction that may cause any grievance including on issues related to delayed payment of wages or non-payment of unemployment allowance as recorded in the MIS.
- Sending a quarterly report to the Chief Secretary and Principal Secretary/ Secretary, Rural Development Department recommending appropriate action. The report shall specially highlight cases where action needs to be taken against erring MGNREGA functionaries for their failure to redress grievances. The report will be accompanied by primary evidence needed to initiate action against the delinquent persons.
- Furnishing a report every year containing a general review of activities of the office of the Ombudsman during the preceding financial year to the Chief Secretary and the Principal Secretary I Secretary, Rural Development Department along with such other information as may be considered necessary by him/her.
- In the annual report, the Ombudsman, on the basis of grievances handled by him/her, will review the quality of the working of the MGNREQA authorities and make recommendations to improve implementation of MGNREGA. The report shall be displayed on the MGNREGA website.
- On receipt of the complaint, Ombudsman may refer the complaint to the appropriate MGNREGA authority for disposal within seven days. In the event of failure of the MGNREGA authority to dispose the complaint, the matter may be taken up by the Ombudsman for disposal.
- The Ombudsman may conduct a spot investigation in case it is required , to enable the matter to be disposed of satisfactorily; or ask for a report from a MGNREGA functionary based on a spot visit. In case the state government issues guidelines for the purpose, he may also call for a report from an expert.
- Ombudsman shall attend the public hearing of social audit as far as practicable and suo motu take on file all cases where due entitlements are not provided for disposal as per these guidelines.
- Secretary, Rural Development Department, Government of Tripura, Capital Complex, Secretariat, Agartala 799010
Selection Procedure :
- No written test or examination shall be conducted while an interview and an internal marking system should be evolved by the Selection Committee to rank persons in order of preference.
- Selection of suitable persons for inclusion in the panel shall be based on consideration of eminent standing and impeccable integrity with at least Ten years of experience in public administration, law, academics, social work or management as per documents furnished along with the application. Experience in working with people or community organization shall be a mandatory qualification.
- In the selection of Ombudsman, preference may be given to a person resident of the same or neighbouring district so as to take advantage of his/her firsthand knowledge about the, district.
How to Apply :
- Interested candidate may apply with full bio-data as per prescribed application format enclosed, and should be addressed to the Secretary, Rural Development Department, Government of Tripura, Capital Complex, Secretariat, Agartala 799010 so a s to reach within 15th March 2021.
- A copy of detailed Instructions on Ombudsman including model application format is enclosed.
This job has expired.