Library Attendant vacancy in Madras High Court Recruitment 2021
|Madras High Court March 2021 Notification||Details|
|Salary||Rs. 15,700 – Rs. 50,000/-Per Month|
|Last Date to Apply||21/04/2021|
- Applications Are Invited From Eligible Candidates Only Through Online Mode (Https://www.mhc.tn.gov.in) For Direct Recruitment To The Posts Of (I) Chobdar, (Ii) Office Assistant, (Iii) Cook, (Iv) Waterman, (V) Room Boy (Vi) Watchman (Vii) Book Restorer And (Viii) Library Attendant In The Madras High Court Service.
- Name of the Post: Library Attendant
- No. of vacancies: 6
- Level of Pay (Revised): Pay Level – 1 Rs.15,700 – 50,000
- Qualifications: Pass in VIII Standard or its equivalent on the date of notification. For the post of Office Assistant, preference will be given for the persons having valid LMV driving licence / experience in cooking / experience in house-keeping
- Nature Of Duties:
- The selected candidates to the Posts of Chobdar, Office Assistant, Waterman, Watchman and Room Boy will be deputed to the Courts or office to do Office work or to the residences of the Hon’ble Judges or Registrars to attend to all domestic duties like cooking, cleaning utensils, washing clothes, mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, toilets, urinals, lavatories, attending to gardening work etc, depending on the need and exigency.
- The selected candidate to the post of Cook will be deputed to attend to cooking, House-keeping, hygiene, house-hold articles maintenance, cleaning, food and beverage service at the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Academy
- The selected candidates to the posts of Library Attendant and Book Restorer will be required to attend to the works of book maintenance, library maintenance, book binding, office maintenance; office well keeping, Office articles/equipments maintenance, other office duties etc.
- They should also attend to all the duties assigned by their superiors from time to time in a dedicated manner, even during Holidays and odd hours.
- The candidates must be free from contagious diseases and should have good conduct and character.
- Place Of Posting: The selected candidates will be posted either at the principal seat at Madras or at the Madurai Bench of Madras High Court, Madurai or Tamil Nadu State Judicial Academy, Chennai or at regional centre of Tamil Nadu State Judicial Academy at Coimbatore or Madurai and are also liable to be transferred from one place to other at any time, depending on the administrative needs and exigencies without any prior intimation
- Minimum Age (should have completed): 18 years to 45 years
- BC; BCM; MBC&DC; Others/UR: Rs.500/- for each post, SC, SC(A) & ST: Total Exemption, Differently Abled Persons and Destitute Widows of all castes: Total Exemption
- The candidate should get qualified in Parts ‘A’ and ‘B’ separately.
- If the number of vacancies notified for a post are five and above, the candidates for Practical Test therefor will be shortlisted, as per merit, based on the marks secured by them in the Common Written Examination, from among the qualified candidates in the Common Written Examination, in the ratio of 1:6 or such number as may be decided by the Judicial Recruitment Cell, High Court, Madras, following the rule of reservation, for each category of post separately.
- If the number of vacancies notified for a post are four and below, the candidates for Practical Test therefor will be shortlisted, as per merit, based on the marks secured by them in the Common Written Examination, from among the qualified candidates in the Common Written Examination, in the ratio of 1:10 or such number as may be decided by the Judicial Recruitment Cell, High Court, Madras, following the rule of reservation, for each category of post separately.
- However, in each reservation group (including General Turn), all the candidates, who secure the same mark as that of the cut-off mark for their reservation group, will be admitted to the Practical Test. Therefore, mere securing the minimum qualifying mark in the Common Written Examination will not confer any right on the candidate to get qualified for the Practical Test.
- The marks obtained in the Common Written Examination will be only qualifying in nature and the same will not be counted for determining the final order of selection of the candidates.
- Any representation from candidates for changing the date of Examination / Selection process, change of examination centre, for relaxation of conditions mentioned in the Notification or exam related direction or guidelines or minimum marks or qualification/requirement etc. or for revaluation/re-totalling will not be entertained, under any circumstances
Selection Procedure :
- The selection of candidates will be based on (I) Common Written Examination, (II) Practical Test and (III) Oral Test, in the following manner:
- The Common Written Examination will consist of 50 multiple choice questions (objective type), each carrying 1 Mark (No Negative Mark), in a single paper containing
- Practical Test
- For the posts of Chobdar, Office Assistant, Waterman, Watchman and Room Boy: The candidates shortlisted, as stated above, will be called for Practical Test, to test their skills in office maintenance; office well keeping, House-keeping, hygiene, house-hold articles maintenance, Office articles/equipments maintenance, other office duties, house-hold duties including food production, cooking, cleaning, food and beverage service etc.
- For the post of Cook: The candidates shortlisted, as stated above, will be called for Practical Test, to test their skills in cooking, House-keeping, hygiene, house-hold articles maintenance, cleaning, food and beverage service etc.
- For the posts of Library Attendant and Book Restorer: The candidates shortlisted, as per merit, will be called for Practical Test, to test their skills in book maintenance, library maintenance, book binding, office maintenance; office well keeping, Office articles/equipments maintenance, other office duties etc
- Oral Test (Maximum Marks:TEN) (Minimum qualifying marks:THREE) The object of Oral Test is to assess the suitability of the candidates to the post by judging their mental alertness, skills, attitude, ethics, character, etc.
- Note: No inference of eligibility or competency will automatically be drawn on the basis of experience certificate produced by the candidate.
- Preparation Of Selection List: Final selection of candidates to the posts will be made on the basis of combined marks secured by the candidates in the Practical Test and the Oral Test, as per merit and following the rule of reservation, for each category of post separately.
How to Apply :
- Applications submitted through https://www.mhc.tn.gov.in Will Alone be accepted. Applications submitted through any other mode viz. by post, courier, RPAD, e-mail, hand delivery etc. will not be entertained under any circumstances or for any reason. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained, under any circumstances.
- Before filling the online application, the applicants are advised to go through the ‘Notification’ and ‘Common Instructions to candidates applying for the posts of ‘Chobdar, Office Assistant etc.’, available in the Recruitment Portal of the High Court, Madras (https://www.mhc.tn.gov.in).
- The candidates are advised to make use of Only Desktop Or Laptop to apply for the post online and not to apply through smart phone or tab since the application module is compatible only for desktop or laptop.
- It is mandatory for all categories of the applicants to register their basic particulars. Then they should proceed to apply online for recruitment to he posts notified in this Notification, by paying prescribed examination fee. The candidate who have already registered for the earlier Notifications issued by the High Court, Madras for the posts of Residential Assistant, Driver and Gardener, if they are willing to apply for this Notification, can use the same login credentials and need not re-register for this Notification. However, the candidates who have registered for the posts of Personal Assistant to the Hon’ble Judges, Personal Assistant to the Registrars and Personal Clerk to the Deputy Registrars and Assistant Programmer, if they are willing to apply for this Notification, should register again for this Notification and then to proceed to apply for the desired post/s. However, fee exempted category of candidates need not pay the examination fee
- Date of Notification 14.03.2021
- Last date for Registration & submission of Online Applications: 21.04.2021
- Last date for remittance of fee, by Challan through Bank: 23.04.2021.NOTIFICATION No.36/2021
This job has expired.