Indian Institute of Astrophysics Recruitment 2021 Project Scientist
|Company Name||Indian Institute of Astrophysics Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Project Scientist|
|No of Posts||2 Posts|
|Salary||Rs. 75,000/-Per Month|
|Job Location||Bangalore Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||09/04/2021|
|Similar Jobs||Karnataka Govt Jobs|
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Union Territory of Ladakh. The Institute has taken up the responsibility of building space-based Visible Emission Line Coronagraph (VELC) on Aditya-L1 mission along with Indian Space Research Organisation.
Advt. No. IIA/03/2021
1. Name of the position : Project Scientist I
2. No. of position : Two
3. Remuneration : Rs. 75,000/- per month (Consolidated)
4. Place of posting : Bangalore
5. Educational Qualification : M.Sc (Tech)/M.Tech/M.Sc in Optical Engineering/Astronomy instrumentation/Optics/ Physics from a reputed University/Institute
6. Experience : Minimum three years of work experience in research laboratory or industry or teaching in the domain of optics and/or instrumentation. Candidates should have had atleast one year of working experience in space instrumentation.
7. Required Skills: Good experience in designing optical systems using optical design software packages such as ASAP, ZEMAX etc. Understanding of surface topography of optics, effect of surface figure and finish on image quality. Scatter estimation from optical and mechanical surfaces using the BRDF models. Component level and Instrument Stray light analysis. Hands on experience with optical metrology & alignment instruments (interferometers, profilometer and theodolite), standard optical lab equipment, light sources, light detectors, vacuum facilities etc.
8. Job description: Component level tests & calibration and integration & calibration of the payload. Building, calibration and operations of Simulation Model post delivery of flight model.
- Below 32 Years
- Institute Campus, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore–560 034
Selection Procedure :
- Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply :
1. Candidates attending the walk-in interview should come with duly filled in prescribed application attached with this advertisement with a passport size photograph pasted on the top of the application along with original certificates related to their qualification and experience and also one set of self certified photo copies.
2. The candidates should register their name between 09.00 AM to 10.00 AM on the date of Walk-ininterview and the candidates coming beyond this time will not be entertained
3. Eligible young, bright and highly motivated individuals are invited to attend Walk-in interview on 9 th April 2021 (Friday) at the Institute Campus, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore–560 034 between 09.00 AM to 05.00 PM for the following position to work for the Visible Emission Line Coronagraph (VELC) on Aditya-L1
This job has expired.