Indian Forest Service Examination, vacancy in UPSC Recruitment 2021
|UPSC March 2021 Notification||Details|
|Indian Forest Service Examination||B.Sc, B.Tech/B.E, BVSC|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply||24/03/2021|
- All candidates (male/female/transgender) are requested to carefully read the Rules of Indian Forest Service Examination notified by the Government (Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change) and this Notice of Examination derived from these Rules.
- EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.05/2021-IFoS
- Name of the Post: Indian Forest Service Examination 2021
- No of Post: 110
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August, 2021, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 2000
- Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
- All the question papers for the examination will be of conventional (essay) type.
- All Question Papers Must Be Answered In English. Question Papers Will Be Set In English Only.
- The duration of each of the papers referred to above will be three hours.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the papers of the examination.
- If a candidate’s handwriting is not easily legible, deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him/her.
- Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge.
- Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of the examination.
- In the question papers, wherever required, SI units will be used.
- Candidates should use only international form of Indian numerals (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.) while answering question papers.
- Candidates will be allowed the use of Scientific (Non-programmable type) calculators at the conventional type examinations of UPSC. Programmable type calculators will however not be allowed and the use of such calculators shall tantamount to resorting to unfair means by the candidates. Loaning and interchanging of calculators in the Examination Hall is not permitted. It is also important to note that candidates are not permitted to use calculators for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
- Candidates should note that if any irrelevant matter/signages/marks etc. are found written in the answer script(s), which would not be related to any question/answer and/or would be having the potential to disclose the candidate’s identity, the Commission will impose a penalty of deduction of marks from the total marks otherwise accruing to the candidate or will not evaluate the said script(s) on this account.
- Candidates applying for indian forest service examination should note that they are required to appear in the civil services (preliminary) examinaton and qualify the same for going to the second stage of indian forest service (main) examination (written and interview).
- Candidates desirous of applyng for indian forest service examination as well as for civil services examination can apply through a common online application form subject to meeting the requisite eligibility criteria by them.
Selection Procedure :
- Section I
- Plan Of Examination
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages : (i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the screening & selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and (ii) Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates against the vacancies identified and reported for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
- The preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects set out in subsection (A) of Section II. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission, to the Main Examination.
- The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test. The written examination will consist of 6 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out in sub-section (B) of Section II. Also see Note (ii) under para I of Section II(B).
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test vide sub-section ‘C’ of Section II. The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled. The interview will carry 300 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks). Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.
- Section II: Scheme and subjects for the Preliminary and Main Examination.
- Preliminary Examination : The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- Interview for Personality Test (See Part C of Section II of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called by the Commission— Maximum Marks : 300
How to Apply :
- Candidates are required to apply Online only by using the website http://www.upsconline. nic.in. Brief instructions are for filling up the online Applications Form have been given in Appendix-II(A). Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II(B) of this Examination Notice.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/Personality Test.
- Last Date Of Submission Of Applications: The Online Applications can be filled up to 24th March, 2021 till 18.00 Hours.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website [http://www.upsconline. nic.in.] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them at different stages of examination process.
This job has expired.