Deputy Secretary vacancy in UPSC Recruitment 2021
|UPSC March 2021 Notification||Details|
|Deputy Secretary||B.Sc, B.Tech/B.E, LLB, BFSc, Any Masters Degree, CA, CS, M.A, M.Com, MBA/PGDM, PGDM|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Salary||Rs. 1,19,000/-Per Month|
|Last Date to Apply||03/05/2021|
- The Government of India has submitted a requisition for Lateral Recruitment of Deputy Secretary level officers. Accordingly, Online Applications are invited from talented and motivated Indian nationals willing to contribute towards nation building to join the Government at the level of Deputy Secretary, Group ‘A’, in the under mentioned posts in different Ministries/ Departments on Contract Basis (On Deputation for officers of States/UT Cadres, Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), Autonomous Bodies, Statutory Organizations, Universities, Recognized Research Institutes) for a period of 3 years (Extendable upto 5 years depending upon performance) through website http://www.upsconline.nic.in by 3rd May, 2021.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary(Intellectual Property Rights) in the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Essential Qualifications: (A) Educational: LLB with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights from a recognized University /Institution.
- Experience: Minimum Ten years of Experience (including research & publications) in handling matters pertaining to Intellectual Property Laws.
- Desirable: (i) LLM with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights from a recognized University /Institution. (ii) Experience of Intellectual Property Rights related to copyright affiliated industries such as Radio, TV, Advertising, Press & Literature, Music, Theatrical Productions, Films.
- Job Description:
- Effective Implementation of the various IP Statues and requisite redressal of concerns of copyright affiliated industries.
To finalize international position of the Government of India on aspects of IPRs, including representation India in International fora such as WIPO etc.
To ideate, process, implement and monitor several project, schemes or programmes for development of Intellectual Property Regime in India.
To promote environment for the protection of intellectual property rights of innovators and creators by bringing about changes at legislative and policy level , including requisite amendments in the Act/Rules/Office orders.
Assist in formulation of policies in the field related to intellectual property rights.
Maintain a platform for discussion with the industry in India and abroad.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016), Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Essential Qualifications: (A) Educational: Charted Accountant (CA)/ Company Secretary (CS)/ Cost and Management Accountant (CMA)/ Bachelor of Law (LLB) /Masters’ in Business Administration (MBA) from recognized University /Institution.
- Experience: Ten years’ experience in any of the field of banking, financial Institutions, regulatory bodies, statutory bodies and academics.
- Desirable: LLM/ CA&CS/ CA&CMA/ CS&CMA/ CA& CS &CMA/ Doctorate Degree in Economics/ Commerce/Management.
- Job Description:
- Implementation of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code) including research on the provisions of the code, Court Cases, Coordination with Stakeholders, awareness programme, Parliament references etc. (ii) Framing rules and regulations under the Code. (iii) Section notifications. (iv) Administrative matters dealing with Insolvency & Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
- Ensuring coordination and research work back up for the Insolvency Law Committee. (vi) Implementing new and innovative measures under the code like SIRP for MSME, pre-Pack insolvency, Fresh Start Process, Cross Border Insolvency, Group enterprise insolvency. (vii) Monitoring of cases filed with NCLT under IBC, 2016 and transferred cases from High Court to NCLT.
- Complains/Grievances of stakeholders against resolution professionals and for matters related to CIRP and liquidation under IBC
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission) in the Department of School Education and Literacy Ministry of Education.
- Essential Qualifications: (A) Educational: Master’s degree from a recognized University or Institution.
- Experience: Minimum Ten years’ experience in the field of elementary education out of which at least one year at the National /international level.
- Desirable: Doctorate degree from a recognized University or Institute, or Masters’ degree in Business Administration /PGDM from a recognized University or Institute.
- Job Description:
- To function as the Assistant Mission Director for Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission.
To assist Mission Director in framing Guidelines and other documents and in implementation and attainment of the Mission objectives.
Monitor the Progress of the implementation of the programme in all States and UTs in terms of child-wise tracking, quality and funding.
Deal with various administrative and financial matters of the Mission including coordination with various institutions/ organisations such as NCERT, NIEPA, CBSE etc. towards fulfillment of Mission objectives.
Guide, monitor, facilitate and ensure the development of high-quality e-content in multiple languages/dialects for digital modes – Internet-based, TV and Radio.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Environment Policy) Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change..
- Essential Qualifications: Master’s Degree or B.E./B.Tech. from a recognized University /Institution.
- Experience: Minimum Ten years overall experience in the relevant fields related to Environment, Forestry or Climate Change with particular experience of :
- Designing, coordination and implementation of project and programme activities related to climate change, environment and forest;
Conceptualizing and designing innovative ideas for project and scheme implementation;
Working with Government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies and civil society organizations, in the area of environmental policy/climate change/forest.
Designing and conducting trainings and capacity building programmes for Govt. Officials and other stakeholders on issues at science-policy interface
- Job Description: Officer shall be responsible for policy formulation, implementation and administration of various programmes/schemes/projects etc. in the area of work assigned from amongst the subjects allocated to Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Food Processing), Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- Essential Qualifications: B.E./B.Tech in Food Technology/ Food Engineering/ Agricultural Engineering/ Chemical Engineering Or Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology/ Dairying/ Fisheries/ Animal Husbandry from a recognized University/ Institution
- Experience: Ten years’ experience in Food Processing Industry/Sector.
- Desirable: Master’s Degree from a recognized University/ Institution in the above fields
- Job Description: To deal with Government Policy, programmes and activities relating to food processing, preservation, value, value addition processing of fruits, vegetable, dairy, animal husbandry and fisheries.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Manufacturing Sector), Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
- Essential Qualifications: B.E./B.Tech from a recognized University/ Institution
- Experience: Minimum Ten years experience in any of the following or in combination thereof:- (i) Manufacturing Sector; (ii) Industrial Research and Development; (iii) Research in Manufacturing (Production Technology) in any Academic Institution
- Job Description: To deal with Government policy and its implementation related to development of machine tools & dies and industrial machinery used in the manufacture and /or processing industry such as chemicals & petrochemicals, fertilizer, paper, sugar, plastic, cement, steel, coal, mineral, textiles, synthetic fiber, food items, material handling, constructions etc.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Urban Water Management), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Essential Qualifications: B.E/B.Tech in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University / Institute
- Experience: Minimum Ten years of experience in urban water supply and wastewater reuse technologies, assessment of non-revenue water and municipal finance management.
- Desirable: (i) M.E./ M.Tech in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University / Institute. (ii) Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) / Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from a recognized University / Institute. (iii) Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) in Infrastructure Management from a recognized University / Institute.
- Job Description:
- To deal with Government policy, Programmes and matters relating to Urban Water Management, including: a) Urban Water Scenario based on MIS driven insights. b) Trends /patterns for decision making using data management and data mining of Urban Water sources. c) Preparation of guidelines, manuals, SOPs etc. in the water and waste water sector to support capacity building and institutional strengthening of Urban Local Bodies (ULBs). d) Integrated Water Resource Management and promotion of more sustainable approaches to water management. e) Improvement of delivery of water, sanitation and hygiene services to the urban population, with a clear focus on the poorest and most marginalized families. f) Budgeting and financial management of various projects/ drafting and processing of agreements/ MOUs/ tender documents.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Mining Legislation and Policy), Ministry of Mines
- Essential Qualifications: B.E. /B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.’ OR Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Economics from a recognized University /Institution
- Experience: Minimum Ten years’ experience in metal/mining industry OR Ten years experience in Industry/Mines/ Iron & Steel Department of a State Government/ UT Administration.
- Desirable: Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) / Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from a recognized University / Institute.
- Job Description:
- Designing framework for promotion of non-ferrous metals. (ii) Legislative and regulatory aspects of non-ferrous metals.(iii) Forecasting of trends in price of metals, demand and supply of metals. (iv) Taxation policy for metal sector. (v) Matters concerning Organizations under the Ministry of Mines. (vi)Coordination with other Ministries/ Departments /States/ UTs for implementation or extension of Govt. Schemes/ Programmes/ Activities etc.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Sagarmala and PPP), Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
- Essential Qualifications: B.E/B.Tech or Master’s Degree in Commerce from a recognized University/Institution.
- Experience: Minimum Ten years’ experience in area of Marine/ Ports/ Shipping with expertise in projects management including PPP projects.
- Desirable: Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) / Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from a recognized University / Institute
- Job Description:
- Matters related to Sagarmala Scheme and Sagarmala programme for Port industrialization,Coastal Community Development.
Matters related to Centre of Excellence in Maritime and Shipbuilding (CEMS), The National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coasts(NTCPWC), Centre for Inland and Coastal Maritime Technology (CICMT), Multi Skill Development Centres(MSDC).
- Matters related to National Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC) at Lothal, Dahej-Ghoga-Hazira Ro-Pax projects.
Matters related to Indian Ports Act, 1908.
Matters related to Development of Sagartat Yojana.
Matters related to Sagarmala Programme for Port modernization and Capacity enhancement, Port Connectivity, Coastal Shipping.
Matters related to PDC, NIP and Investment Clearance Cell.
Matters related to Sagarmala Development Company Limited (SDCL) and Indian Port Rail and Ropeway Corporation Limited (IPRCL).
Promotion and development of Coastal Shipping including coal, steel, fertilizers etc. (excluding policy matters which are dealt by the Shipping Division).
Matters relating to Rail Road connectivity to Ports and Ports Railway System.
Policy matters related to development of non-major ports.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Electricity Distribution), Ministry of Power
- Essential Qualifications: B.E/B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute
- Experience: Ten years’ work experience out of which at least five years in the area of Electricity Distribution.
- Desirable: M.E/M.Tech in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute
- Job Description: To formulate Government policies, schemes, programmes to improve operational and financial performance of Electricity Distribution Companies (Discoms), especially Government owned Discoms.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Rural Livelihood), Ministry of Rural Development.
- Essential Qualifications: Master’s Degree from a recognized University/ Institution
- Experience: Minimum Ten years’ experience in the area of rural livelihoods such as Farm & Non-Farm activities, Financial Inclusion, Institution Building etc
- Desirable: Doctorate Degree from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Job Description: To deal with – (i) Implementation of DAY-NRLM scheme in all States and UTs through SRLMs, including the following: a) Social Inclusion and social mobilization of rural poor woman into Self Help Groups (SHGs). b) Training and Capacity building activities for the mobilized groups/members. (ii) Administrative and financial matters relating to schemes/programmes on Rural Livelihood.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Information Technologies), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Essential Qualifications: (i) Masters Degree in Computer Science or B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science/ Information Technology from a recognized University /Institute. (ii) Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) / Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from a recognized University /Institute
- Experience: (i) Minimum Ten years’ work experiences in the area of Information Technology with at least Five years’ experience in Design & Development of IT projects, with expertise in any of the following :- (a) Consulting (ICT/E-governance initiatives). (b) Managing projects involving BI tools AI/ML other emerging technologies. (c) Data Analytics and Visualization Tools like SAS, SPSS, R and Python.
- Desirable: Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) / Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with specialisation in Information Technology/Business Analytics from a recognized University / Institute.
- Job Description: To deal with – (i) Data preparation and Management, Development of Application software for MoSPI, Data Documentation, Archieving and Dissemination.(ii) Development of Advanced Analytics dashboard and GIS based web enabled online query system for Census and Surveys conducted by the Ministry.(iii) Monitoring work undertaken by DIID in development of National Integrated Information Platform (NIIP).(iv) Overall Project Management including planning,directing and coordinating the overall programmes.
- Name and No of Post: One (UR) post of Deputy Secretary (Iron/Steel Industry), Ministry of Steel
- Essential Qualifications: B.E. /B.Tech from a recognized University/Institute.
- Experience: Minimum Ten years experience in steel sector with at least Three years experience in operations management/implementation of projects in steel plants/ iron ore mines.
- Desirable: (i) M.E./M.Tech from a recognized University/Institute.(ii) Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) / Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from a recognized University/Institute.
- Job Description:
- To deal with Government policy, programmes and matters relating to – (i) Technical, Technology, R&D, and quality related parameters relevant to Iron/Steel production and usage from productivity, efficiency and competitiveness perspective. (ii) Quality, availability and pricing of raw materials for Steel sector including iron ore, coking coal, Manganese, etc. from within and outside the country. (iii) Steel production, consumption and pricing. (iv) Measures to promote steel usage in the country. (v) Project relating to new/ capacity expansion/ modernisation projects in iron/steel Industry
- Pay: Pay will be fixed at the minimum of Pay Level-12 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC(approximate gross salary would be around Rs. 1,19,000/- including DA, Tpt Allowance & HRA in present level). However, the Government reserves its right to place deserving appointees at an appropriate level within the scale of pay. The crucial date for determining the age shall be the closing date for submission of online application.
- The minimum and maximum age limit for the Deputy Secretary level post are 32 and 40 years respectively
- The printout of the online application and the following Original Documents/ Certificates along with self attested copies and other items specified in the Summon Letter for interview are to be produced at the time of interview.
- Matriculation/10th Standard or equivalent certificate indicating date of birth, or mark sheet of Matriculation/10th Standard or equivalent issued by Central/State Board indicating Date of Birth in support of their claim of age. Where date of birth is not available in certificate/mark sheets, issued by concerned Educational Boards, School leaving certificate indicating Date of Birth will be considered (in case of Tamil Nadu & Kerala).
- Degree/Diploma certificate along with marksheets pertaining to all the academic years as proof of educational qualification claimed. In the absence of Degree/Diploma certificate, provisional certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years will be accepted.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement.
- Original document in support of the experience claimed.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBDs) certificate in the prescribed format (link https://www.upsc.gov.in/recruitment/recruitment-performas) issued by the competent authority by Persons with Benchmark Disabilities eligible for appointment to the post on the basis of prescribed standards of Medical Fitness.
- A candidate who claims change in name after matriculation on account of
- marriage or remarriage or divorce etc. the following documents shall be submitted:- i) In case of marriage of women – Photocopy of Husband’s passport showing names of spouses or an attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage or an Affidavit from husband and wife along with a joint photograph duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner;
- In case of re-marriage of women – Divorce Deed/Death certificate as the case may be in respect of first spouse; and photocopy of present husband’s passport showing names of spouse or an attested copy of marriage certificate ssued by the Registrar of Marriage or an Affidavit from the husband and wife along with joint photograph duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner
- In case of divorce of women – Certified copy of Divorce Decree and Deed Poll/Affidavit duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner.
- In other circumstances for change of name for both male and female – Deed Poll/Affidavit duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner and Gazette Notification.
- Documentary support for any other claim(s) made.
Other Information/ Instructions:
- All candidates whether in Government service or in Government owned industrial or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online directly to the Commission. Persons already in Regular Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity other than casual/adhoc/daily wages/hourly paid/contract basis are however required to submit a declaration that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the selection.
- The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the closing date for submitting the Online Application on the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- If a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce order/letter in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Online Application is liable to be rejected.
- Candidates must, if required, attend a personal interview at New Delhi. The Commission do not defray the traveling or other expenses of candidates summoned for interview.
- The Summoning of candidates for interview convey no assurance whatsoever that they will be selected. Appointment orders to selected candidates will be issued by the Government.
- Candidates must be in sound bodily health. They must, if selected be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as Government may require.
- Candidates will be informed of the final result in due course through UPSC website and any interim enquiries about the result are therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. The Commission do not enter into correspondence with the candidates an any matter related the recruitment.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
- Government strives to have work force which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person
- Formats of Prescribed Peroformas for various certificates have been made available in the Commission’s official Website http://www.upsc.gov.in. under Heading Recruitment followed by Forms of Certificates(link https://www.upsc.gov.in/recruitment/recruitment-performas) Candidates may download the same and fill up accordingly.
- Mobile Phones Are Banned In The Campus Of UPSC Interview Hall
Selection Procedure :
- Candidates Are Advised To Fill Their Correct And Active E-mail Addresses In The Online Application As All Correspondence Will Be Made By The Commssion Through E-mail Only.
- Interview Schedule And Requirements With Regard To Copies Of Certifcates To Be Submitted In Respect Of Claims Made In The Online Application Will Be E-mailed In Due Course To The Candidates In Their Registered E-mail Id And Will Also Be Posted On The Website Of The Commission.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to send self attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission
- Commission From Any Examination Or Selection Held By Them
- In The Event Of Number Of Applications Being Large, Commission Will Adopt Short Listing Criteria To Restrict The Number Of Candidates To Be Called For Interview To A Reasonable Number By Any Or More Of The Following Methods:
- On the basis of Desirable Qualifications (DQ) (any one or combination of two or more or all DQs, if more than one DQ is prescribed).
On the basis of higher Experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
On the basis of higher relevant Educational Qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Candidates will be short-listed for Interview on the basis of the information provided by them in their online application. They must ensure that such information is true.
- Candidates Will Be Short-listed For Interview Only On The Basis Of The Information Provided By Them In Their Online Applications. Documents Submitted In Support Of The Claim Made In The Online Application Will Be Examined Only If The Candidate Is Prima Facie Eligible To Be Shortlisted On The Basis Of Information Regarding Qualifications And Experience Claimed In The Online Application.
- The Basis For Shortlisting Would Be Claims Made In The Online Application, Documents Supporting Those Claims And Modalities & Criteria Adopted For Shortlisting. Hence, Candidates Must Ensure That All Information Provided In The Online Application Is True
How to Apply :
- Closing Date For Submission Of Online Application Through Commission’s Website Is 23:59 Hrs On 03.05.2021.
- The Last Date For Printing Of Completely Submitted Online Application Is Upto 23:59 Hrs On 04.05.2021.
- The Crucial Date For Determining The Eligibility Of All Candidates In Every Respect Shall Be The Prescribed Closing Date For Submisison Of Online Application. The Applicants Are Advised To Fill In All Their Particulars In The Online Application Carefully As Submission Of Wrong Information May Lead To Rejection Through Computer Based Shortlisting Apart From Debarment By The Commission.
- Date For The Interview On Which The Shortlisted Candidate Is Required To Bring The Printout Of His/her Online Application Alongwith Other Documents At Upsc Shall Be Intimated Separately
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Candidates must upload the documents/certificates in support of each of the claims made by them in the application like, Date of Birth, Educational Qualification, Experience, Desirable Qualification(s) etc. or any other information, separately against each claim in pdf file in such a way that the file size does not exceed 1 MB for the respective aforesaid modules and 2 MB for the “Upload Other Document” module and is legible when a printout taken. For that purpose, the applicant may scan the documents/certificates in 200 dpi grey scale.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should apply separately for each post.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Application.
- Candidates are not required to submit to the Commission either by post or by hand the printouts of their online applications or any other document. They will be required to bring along with them the printouts of their online applications and the documents mentioned below if called for interview.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single Online Application for each post; however, if somehow, if he/she submits multiple Online Applications for one post, then he/she must ensure that Online Application with the higher “Application Number” is complete in all respects. The applicants, who submit multiple Online Applications, should note that only the Online Application with higher “Application Number” shall be entertained by the Commission.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date.
This job has expired.