Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University Recruitment 2021 Interpreter
|Company Name||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||ISL Expert Interpreter Jobs|
|No of Posts||2 Posts|
|Job Location||Thiruvananthapuram Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||20/04/2021|
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri campus, in collaboration with C-DAC Trivandrum, is developing a web interface as part of adding deaf accessibility on e-Governance websites.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic Indian Sign Language experts to assist our project team in creating various videos that involve ISL and also develop innovative ways for hearing challenged to navigate web interfaces.
1. Post Name: ISL Expert Interpreter – Deaf Person
2. Number of Positions: 2
3. Duration of Project: 2 years or TBD
4. Educational Qualification (Required): Applicants are required to have a minimum of
i. High School Diploma or equivalent
ii. Diploma in Indian Sign Language Interpretation-DISLI
5. Languages: English, Malayalam (would be nice if they can read and write in both languages)
6. Certification: ISL Certification is a must. It is important that the applicant is certified by a National sign language interpreter body
7. Fresher/ Experienced: Experienced and Using ISL on a daily day to day basis for her/his needs
8. Area of Work: Deaf Accessibility and Indian Sign Language- Signing and Interpretation
9. Mandatory Skills :
i. Should be well versed with the ISL gestures corresponding to everyday terms, and other specific glossaries published ISL dictionary
ii. They should be able to capture and communicate both the technical and intended meaning, taking into account style, tone, slang and figurative communication with emotions and face expressions
iii. They should have a good knowledge of the phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics of ISL grammar
iv. Given an English sentence, they should be able to convert it to ISL grammar
v. They should be able to video record the vocabulary of ISL words and sentences with the required constraint environment
10. Salary: TBD
Selection Procedure :
- Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply :
1. Last Date for Applying: April 20, 2021
2. Interested candidates may apply online.
This job has expired.